Terms and Conditions for Community Connect Online Services
- The terms and conditions herein are applicable to the complimentary Wi-Fi Service provided by Bascom Communications in partnership with the City of Tiffin and Seneca County Commissioners (“Service”).
- Bascom Communications may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions.
Community Connect Wi-Fi
- The Service allows the Customer to access the Internet and send/receive data through Community Connect Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- The Customer may utilize the service for a limited period of time for free by viewing an ad, after which, the Customer will automatically be logged-out of the Service and they will need to view another ad to continue or purchase an upgraded ad-free option.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Bascom Communications may, at any time, impose general limits or thresholds concerning use of the Service including the number of times that the Customer may access the Service or the amount of data that the Customer may upload or download using the Service.
Using the Wi-Fi
- Each Hotspot location can only support a limited number of users accessing the service at any one time.
- The speed and throughput of Community Connect Wi-Fi will vary depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to: the capabilities of the wireless enabled device of the Customer; hotspot user traffic during time of access, general internet congestion, wireless signal interference building structure and/or weather conditions.
- Bascom Communications will use reasonable endeavors to provide the Customer with a reliable, stable and secure access to the Service but, does not promise that the access to the Service will be continuous, fault-free, secure or accessible.
User Obligations and Limitations
9. The service is intended to be used in a fair manner. To this end, Bascom Communications may, in its absolute and sole discretion, limit or block certain websites and/or content that the Customer may seek to access whilst using the Hotspot.
10. Whilst Bascom Communications will use reasonable endeavors to provide secure access through this Service, it cannot guarantee the security of the Service at all times. The customer is solely responsible for any information or data uploaded, downloaded or otherwise communicated via the Service and is responsible for keeping all usernames, passwords and other security-based information secure and private at all times.
11. The Customer hereby authorizes Bascom Communications to use the data provided by the Customer and other related information in order to improve on the Service provided and for marketing purposes.
- These Terms and Conditions and any pages via which the Customer access a Hotspot may contain material which is subject to intellectual property rights, including copyright. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Bascom Communications either owns or licenses all such intellectual property rights and that nothing in these Terms and Conditions constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights to you.
- To the extent necessary, Bascom Communications grants the Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to access and use the Service and any related intellectual property rights, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability
14. Your access to and use of this service is entirely at the Customer’s own risk, Bascom Communications and by extension the City of Tiffin or Seneca County Commissioners makes no warranties or representations as to the accessibility, security, stability or reliability of this Service and Bascom Communications specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any Hotspot faults, failures or interruptions or the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, security or reliability of any communications (including, without limitation, any transactions) made using the Service.